Take a break




 (You can see how small it is in this picture- the whole town of Ballycastle is situated on that hill)


Sometimes when you find that life is rushing by and you're doing things 110 mph and forge how to relax a little break away is in order-and for me this break came in the form of a remote town BallyCastle. I used to visit all the time when I was a child but after the summer of 2006 we just stopped. I've always wanted to go back but my family were never keen until my sister asked last week did I want to go for a drive somewhere and of course my first suggestion was BallyCastle. As I expected she took a little persuasion but we got there in the end. I endured a 90 minute drive through the little country roads but when I caught the first glimpse of the sea from the car I couldn't stop a little squeal escaping and turns out my 25 year old sister was just as excited as I was. BallyCastle is so small and quaint that it only takes around 40 minutes to get from one side of the town to the other. It was nice to be a child again for just one day and play in the old park I used to play in when I was little and chill on the beach and dig in the sand and just relax.

Do you have one place that you go to escape when life gets too much?


ray

No comments:

Post a Comment